We are always seeking talent. If you believe you’re the best at what you do, we want to talk to you. Complete the application and we’ll be in touch if we think you would make a great addition to our team. We pride ourselves to be the best at everything we do.
Hometown is an equal Opportunity Employer
Hometown is a Drug-Free Workplace
Current as of: July 22, 2020
Lawn – Mow Crew
Landscape – None At This Time.
Irrigation – Open Position
Title: Experienced Irrigation Technician
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Production Manager
Qualifications / Knowledge of:
- Concepts, methods, practices, equipment, and materials in the grounds and irrigation trades.
- Diagrams used in installation and repair of irrigation systems.
- Methods, materials, equipment, and tools used in general grounds and maintenance work.
- Basic English usage, writing, and math.
- Safe working practices and procedures.
- Safety rules and regulations for this position.
- Read and effectively intercept schematics, blueprints, and sketches.
- Proficiently use hand and power tools and basic power equipment.
- Perform semi-skilled work in the grounds and irrigation trades with a minimum of supervision.
- Perform mathematical calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Maintain work schedules and deadlines in performing tasks..
- Wear provided company shirts and maintain a pleasant appearance and demeanor while in uniform.
- Understand and carry out oral and or written instructions.
- Handle all matters in a tactful, courteous, and confidential manner so as to maintain and/or establish good public relations.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
- Represent Hometown Lawn professionally at all times.
Training and Experience Preferred:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year of experience in the performance of irrigation systems.
- Good/Verifiable work history and attendance.
- Assists in the maintenance, installation, and repair of irrigation water systems.
- Makes routine and emergency repairs as needed or assigned.
- Plants and restores any and all landscape items that may have been damaged during replacement of parts or during installation of irrigation system.
- Operates hand and power tools and equipment including but not limited to trencher, air compressor, and any other grounds equipment and tools.
- Digs holes and trenches as assigned.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Checks and tests new equipment for proper operation before use.
- Familiarizes with the various types of irrigation heads and nozzles.
- Able to operate company vehicles as assigned.
- Maintains records of pending and completed work requests, prepares written and oral reports as required.
- Possession and maintenance of a valid Kansas or Missouri Drivers License, a good driving record, and is insurable under Hometown Lawn, LLCs insurance policy.
- Good physical condition, with stamina to maintain a rigorous work schedule requiring continuous physical exertion and frequent heavy lifting.
- Able to lift and carry up to thirty (30) pounds frequently and fifty (50) pounds occasionally.
- Able to push and pull a variety of tools and equipment weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Able to sustain strenuous manual labor for six (6) to eight (8) hours.
- Able to work at various elevated heights on ladders, roofs, etc in a safe and effective manner.
- Able to work in a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions.
- Able to work in restricted spaces in a safe and effective manner.
- Able to demonstrate manual dexterity necessary to perform fine maintenance procedures and operate both manual and power hand tools in a safe and effective manner.
- Able to operate a variety of powered and manual equipment and tools associated with the installations of irrigation systems.
- Able to operate a variety of motor vehicles in a safe and effective manner.
Terms of Employment:
This is a Seasonal Employment Position
Pay is hourly plus overtime. This position will start $20+/hour dependent upon experience. Prevailing wage projects are sometimes available as well.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with Hometown Lawn, LLC’s company policy as per Company Handbook. The Supervisor will give the evaluation.
Hometown Lawn, LLC is an equal Opportunity Employer
Hometown Lawn, LLC is a Drug-Free Workplace
Drainage – None At This Time.
Concrete – Got flatwork experience. Complete an application. We’d be interested to talk.
Pools – If you have multiple years of pool construction we want to talk to you. Please apply here.